Wednesday, February 11, 2009

no longer virgin

With this title, I strongly believe that more perverts and strangers are lurking around this blog. Why, cause the statement itself caused a lot of peeps to be curious.

I reserved a session of brazilian wax and IPL (Intense Pulse Lightning) for both myself and a friend of mine to Strip, Curve on Sat eve of CNY's eve. Brazilian wax is a type of hair removing method for the unseen area. In this case, it will be 'the muff'. IPL is another permanent method electric current is used to destroy the hair pores. Brazilian wax take about 30 - 35 mins and IPL is about 15 mins. So my friend went in for her session while I'm looking around the shop. It's made out of carton box material for the wall with a cement floor. Very bare and interesting industrial concept for a shop like this.

My name was called, and the strip therapist lead me to a room.

She said, "Remove your pants and panty". She is a lot friendlier then what I'm trying to portray here.

She left the room. Obediently I followed her instruction and laid on the bed covered myself.

She showed me a packet of personal hygiene wax pack, where the Stripette ( that's what they call their customers) will have their personal wax pack containing some cottom buds and some waxs strips to use. It's individual packed for hygiene purposes.

After examined my muff she said, "It's too short to have brazillian wax. Furthermore, you had been shaving and when you wax it will give you a slight pain. The pain will be slightly more than the usual due to the thickness of the hair".

She added," Your skin is too dried and wrinkled. It's like a 40 years old rather than my age."

My expression was horrific... -_- Like wtf ....

She explained further over cleaning will caused the skin to be dried and wrinkled. Well, I had been using feminine wash for quite some time for cleaniness and now she told me I over cleaned. It's not recommended to use it daily, however I can use it during the time of month. Washing too much is another cause of overdrying. Gosh, I'm just trying to be clean and I am too clean!?!??!Ridiculous, yes?


Well, She recommended me to do IPL instead it would not be to harsh on my skin.. plus it would be painless.

Agreeing to her suggestion, noting the price of IPL is so expensive

Changing to another room, where the IPL machine is located. Here I am laying on the bed waiting for the therapist to do her job.

She shaved all the hairs. Then, she used a piece of steel to place at the area. The steel plated is very cold against my skin. According to the therapist it is to numb the area so that I don't feel the current when she is doing IPL on my muffs... She did it repeatedly. I can feel the current on my skin when the utensil is working. Short current lightly bolted across the skin, it's not painful....
According the therapist, the hair will drop only 50% and to some individuals it would be more. I would need to come again for another round so that it work but looking at the price point, it's really expensive.

IPL needs 6th sessions to make sure that pores are death and no more hair growth and a yearly maintenance.

Updates: After 10 days and more, hair can even be plucked/ pulled out easily by fingers. No tweezers or what nots needed. It's fun.. hehehe
Now hair is growing...

Shall I go for another round??

No comments: